Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 per annum. £6,000 personal development budget
Contract Length: 33 months
This is an exciting opportunity for a Computer Science graduate to use their experience and initiative to lead an impactful commercial project with Pragmatic Web Limited to embed cyber security tools and expertise into technical solutions to enable the high standards demanded by global enterprise clients. Solutions will be integrated into a productised business model or contributed to open source platforms. This position is a 33 month fixed term contract, with a £2k p.a. dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development.
Qualifications we require: You will have a minimum of a 2:1 BSc Hons in a Computer Science discipline, with a strong grounding in software engineering. An MSc/PhD with relevance to data protection, AI and/or machine learning is desirable.
About Pragmatic: Based in central Brighton, Pragmatic is the UK’s leading specialist WordPress agency and the fastest growing agency outside of London. Pragmatic offer a variety of services including delivering digital strategy, designing and building sites and providing ongoing support for a range of high-profile clients including Bacardi and Sage. Find out more by visiting:
The successful candidate must possess:
- A Computer Science degree with a strong grounding in theoretical and practical software engineering
- Experience in software systems development and testing
- Knowledge/experience of software and data security/privacy along with engineering, machine learning and AI
- A creative approach to problem solving and commercial solutions
- Work experience, student placement or degree project work
- Experience of a software development methodology such as Agile, repository workflows, and test driven development is desirable, but not essential
Essential skills we require as a minimum:
- A commercial aptitude and the ability to understand the needs of internal and external customers and communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- An ambition and ability to take ownership of a challenging and impactful technical project
- A methodical and considered approach to project planning and management
- The aptitude to apply technologies developed through research to a commercial scenario
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme funded by Innovate UK. It is essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position. For more information please visit:
The University is committed to an inclusive environment which embraces equality and diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We particularly encourage applicants from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background because the university is underrepresented by BAME staff.
Further information about working for us, as well as the wide range of benefits we offer, can be found in the section of our vacancies page.
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts. If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert, or its categorisation then please
Type / Role:
More jobs from University of Brighton
More jobs like this
Join in and follow us
Copyright © jobs.ac.uk 1998 – 2020
Copyright © jobs.ac.uk 1998 – 2020
Browser Upgrade Recommended
jobs.ac.uk has been optimised for the latest browsers.
For the best user experience, we recommend viewing jobs.ac.uk on one of the following:
Expected salary: £35000 – 40000 per year
Job date: Fri, 22 May 2020 05:19:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!